Saturday, October 25, 2008

Parent Teacher Conferences

Okay, so I have to admit I was dreading some of the parent/teacher conferences this time around. This is Matthew's first year at his new school and he started with the "deer-in-the-headlights" look after the first week. Seth was, and is, our "drama king" and I was not sure how his new teacher would take it. We are just happy that Andrew survived the first nine weeks of school without failing any of his classes. The only one I knew that I would enjoy was Marissa's.

However, overall, things went really well. The kids are doing fine for the most part and they are liked by their teachers. Andrew's homeroom teacher gave him a little lecture about maturity and responsibility (and not reading during class instead of completing assignments), but he also talked about how Andrew had a special place in his heart because he was the one who alerted us to Andrew's health problems and who may have saved his life. I think Andrew really was touched.

I really appreciate the time that teachers make to talk to us as parents not only at conference time but throughout the year. I want to be an involved parent and most seem to welcome it.

No comments: