Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Soprano Who Now Sings Bass

Well, Andrew tried out for "The Music Man" this week for the coveted role of the barbershop quartet (the School Board). I was on pins and needles all week and I can't imagine how Andrew was feeling. I knew he wanted the part badly, but I also know that he is a Freshman and that sometimes these parts go to deserving upperclassmen who have put in the time and effort into the drama department. We told him that any part would be fun and that we wanted him to do whatever they cast him for.
He tried out on Tuesday, and callbacks were on Thursday which he went to after school. He said that at the last callback there were eight guys trying out. I talked to the choir director and she said that Andrew had done "very, very well." The cast list was posted early Friday morning, so I had Andrew call me from school. He was so thrilled to tell me that he got the bass part. Even our other kids were excited.
Now, I hear from the older sister of one of the high school boys that everyone is talking about that "Andrew Reay kid who got the part in the musical." At least it is good gossip!
Okay, enough bragging! I am just really happy for him.

2 comments:

Happy Mom said...

Yay! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Wow! He's in high school allredy! Happy that he got a part.