Monday, December 14, 2009

Hallelujah (Chorus that is...)

Matthew happened to mention the other day that his teacher knows the Hallelujah Chorus. When I asked him how he knew that he said "because when I start singing it, she sings with me." How great is it that Matthew feels comfortable singing in class and that his teacher feels comfortable singing with him.

On the singing note, we are halfway through the Boys Choir Christmas season and have completed 4 of 8 concerts. They sound beautiful and Matthew is having a great time. They sing some of my old favorites as well as a couple of new ones. It is really fun to travel around the valley and see other churches. Marissa and Andrew had their school concerts early in the month and they were enjoyable as well. Andrew earned a new moniker from his chorus teacher which Marissa has adopted - he is a "Funky Bass Brother."

My Cub Scouts did it again and made me proud. I got the idea to send my brother-in-law Brady a care package. He is serving in the Army in Afghanistan and will hopefully be coming home soon, but not before Christmas. In a little over a week's time they made over a dozen Christmas cards and snowflakes, and gathered over 30 pounds of snacks and treats for him and his unit.

I am feeling extremely grateful for my job and the children and families I serve. It is a privilege to work with them and I feel blessed by it daily. A new, sweet, 2 1/2 month old baby girl is my latest addition and I could not be more excited.

Life is good, the weather is cool and my heart is ready for Christmas.

1 comment:

Happy Mom said...

We just had two concerts last night, and after that, and reading your post, I'm happy to know that the Christmas spirit still exists in the schools or at least their teachers! Thanks for sharing. Good to be a happy busy, isn't it? I moved my blog location. Now it is http://www.raisedbynerds.blogspot.com